Marketing Cloud Email Specialist
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented candidate with a unique combination of technical ability and email marketing experience to join our team. This individual will be responsible for executing day-to-day operational tasks such as segmenting customer data and working with front-end developers to produce email assets as well as troubleshoot SQL and HTML/CSS issues. You will also QA, implement feedback and deploy tactical email campaigns and programs that generate new customer acquisition, improve retention, and support customer research using Salesforce Marketing Cloud. As part of our Modern Marketing Machine you will collaborate with multiple departments to ensure that email initiatives are complete, on-time, and executed with a high degree of accuracy and effectiveness.
What you will do:
- Support the operations of the CRM channel working with marketing managers to create email campaigns and automated programs through Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Build, test, and deploy complex email campaigns that include a combination of A/B tests, audience splits, and dynamic personalization. Enhance existing HTML for mobile-responsive emails via HTML, CSS and/or AmpScript.
- Create complex segmentations using SQL logic and queries in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Perform QA tests to ensure links, images, subject lines, and segmentation lists function properly and email renders accurately across various email clients using ReturnPath and Litmus
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Minimum 2 years email marketing experience preferred
- Advanced understanding and practical application of Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with HTML, SQL and AmpScript
- Extremely detail-oriented, but still able to see the big picture
- Proven record for problem resolution and successful completion of complex projects
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Versatile/flexible, can manage competing demands and prioritize effectively
- Strong organization and project management skills
- B.A. or B.S. preferred
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF858Q)