Senior Full Stack Developer-Health
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
This position is located in our San Francisco, CA office, near the AT&T ballpark and one block from Caltrain.
Ancestry is seeking a Senior full-stack developer to join our health and wellness team. We are looking for a talented software developer who is interested in helping us deliver health and wellness features to our customers using agile software development methodologies.
Ancestry is harnessing the latest big data technologies and is actively investing in cutting-edge genomic research to drive advancement in genealogy and consumer genomics. We are one of the world’s leading companies in truly Big Data: DNA records from over seven million people and 20 billion genealogy records containing 80 billion profiles and growing!
The next big advancement in this area is to help our customers discover more about their own health and wellness. In this role you will help bring people together by helping them discover more about themselves and how we are all interconnected.
Are you passionate about software development? Do you thrive on working with other highly skilled developers in an agile environment? Do you have an interest in helping people discover more about who they are? If so, this may be the position for you.
- Work with UX and product owners to deliver exciting features which add customer value.
- Write clean, easily maintainable code with unit tests that follow standards and best practices and are based on industry trends and the latest technologies.
- Be part of a well-formed agile team of eight members as one of six developers, with two quality engineers, a product owner, and UX.
- Design and implement cloud-scale systems and services.
- Manage technical requirements, work on API specs, add automation, conduct code reviews and engage in testing efforts.
- Mentor junior developers on the team.
- 5+ years of experience with full stack technologies such as Java, Node.js, React, and MySQL.
- Experience in designing and implementing large-scale web applications, APIs, frameworks, and databases. Working knowledge of AWS services is a plus.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and to articulate solutions.
- Ability to mentor other engineers.
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field is required. Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
- Experience as an agile team member is a must and scrum master experience is a plus.
- Ability to diagram in an architectural style with formal technical writing experience a plus.
- Experience with FDA software guidance, software development to IEC 62304 standards and familiarity with Title 21 - Part 820--Quality System Regulation is a definite plus
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.