Product Manager, Genomic Algorithms-Health
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is seeking a talented Product Manager to join the team that builds and runs our Genomic Algorithms. This critical role focuses on building and supporting a suite of Direct to Consumer genomics products that help AncestryDNA customers learn more about who they are and where they come from. Our genomic and family history databases are growing exponentially and many of our products rely on finding new and innovative ways of leveraging those databases.
Providing product vision for our Genomic Algorithms team of highly talented software engineers, you will drive the efforts to scale our bioinformatics systems that generate meaningful insights from consumer’s genomic information and our other data sources. Collaborating with our scientists and software development teams, you will define product strategies to implement the genomic algorithms and scale them to securely and efficiently operate on the largest collection of consumer genomic data in the world!
If you believe in the hidden potential of genomic data and want to take a front row seat in this revolution, this is the role for you.
This position reports to our Product Director of AncestryDNA and is located in our San Francisco, CA office, near the AT&T ballpark and one block from Caltrain.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Take on the product ownership for a seasoned team of software engineers and develop massively scalable genomic algorithms that drive innovative insights for Ancestry Health customers. Coordinate with other product owners across the company to align on vision and priorities.
- Partner closely with our R&D team of Bioinformatics Scientists and Population Genomics experts on their inventions and work with your development team to incorporate those new features into the genomic algorithms pipeline.
- Collaborate closely with our Laboratory Scientists to understand and adapt to the evolutions in genomic sequencing technologies.
- Drive continual process and infrastructure improvements and inform the product roadmap with new ideas, to efficiently scale.
- Partner with external and internal partners to flawlessly integrate your systems and ensure that through these integrations, we continue to maintain end-to-end data security and validity.
- Author product stories, tasks and acceptance criteria for scrum teams; own the backlog.
- Define success metrics and reporting needs.
- Develop and evangelize the vision for your product, short-term and long-term.
- Juggle tradeoffs and understand constraints, finding elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Minimum of 4+ years of product management experience delivering and scaling (10+ millions of users and petabytes of data) complex, deep data or data science products or services
- Must have developed product roadmaps based on machine learning concepts and other data science technologies
- Incredibly smart, creative, driven, and experienced navigating a complex organization to deliver amazing products quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or STEM based field
- Strong writing skills (PRFAQ, product proposals)
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Execution oriented and highly organized
- Masterful communicator and able to lead through influence
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, you use facts to make decisions
- Experience with FDA regulated health product would be a big plus
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.