Genealogical Researcher- Eastern European
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Ancestry is looking for a Genealogical Researcher to join our ProGenealogist team specializing in Eastern European and Jewish research. The ProGenealogist team does client research starting in the country where the client resides and follows origins to all Eastern European areas. They work to bring the best research available to our clients. As a Genealogical Researcher on the Eastern European and Jewish team you will be driving industry standards and working on diverse research from many different countries. You will ensure that our clients receive the highest quality research available.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct client genealogical research
- Translate hand written original records from Eastern European countries
- Write client research reports and summaries
- Research records from Eastern European countries
- Work with religious repositories: Jewish, Roman Catholic, Orthodox
- Ensure client satisfaction
Who You Are:
- A minimum of 5 Professional research experience
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in English, History, Linguistics (or related field)
- You are certified or accredited with a CG, AG or other related accreditation (or are demonstrably working towards it)
- You can read hand written genealogical documents in Romanian and Czech in partnership with German and Russian (at least one language is necessary, 2 or more is preferred)
- Experience working with digital records and onsite in archives
- Experience working in collaborative team environment
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.