Quality Assurance Editor - Part Time
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is looking for a QA Editor that will be part of a fast-paced production team that reviews millions of documents monthly and is responsible for their quality. As a QA Editor you will be working on a variety of projects and therefore are accountable to be familiar with frequently changing specifications and instructions.
Who You Are:
- Availability to work part time (29 hours per week)
- You have a High School Diploma/GED required.
- You can accurately type 40-50+ wpm.
- You can work independently, be independent, and a contributing member of a team
- You display outstanding attention to detail while managing multiple tasks.
- Experience working with computer with an emphasis on Linux OS and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Some experience working with archives
- Experience working with Genealogical research tools
- You have a strong personal standard of dedication and accountability for your work
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.