International Senior General Ledger Accountant
- Dublin, Ireland
Ancestry is a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission: to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what lead to them. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, and we use this powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people uncover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
Along with the chance to change lives and work with a fantastic group of people, we also offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package.
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Ancestry are seeking an experienced Senior General Ledger Accountant to work as part of the International Finance Team at our International HQ in Dublin. This role is a 12 month maternity cover fixed term contract. Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, this position is primarily responsible for maintaining the general ledger, preparing journal entries and reconciling accounts in accordance with both US GAAP and local financial reporting standards.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- General ledger tasks including providing accruals and prepayments for marketing & content royalties costs during month-end close for several markets across the international business
- Work closely with other departments and financial analysts to ensure that accounting records are complete and accurate
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations for GL accounts across multiple entities (multi-currency) using Floqast tool
- Complete month end close processes in accordance with internal controls and US GAAP reporting standards
- Prepare & present month end variance analysis to senior US finance team
- Detailed review of local payrolls (prepared by local payroll providers)
- Prepare local statutory financial statements for entities assigned to you in accordance with the applicable local accounting standards
- Actively assist with and manage the internal and external audits, taking ownership of agreed areas and delivering directly to the auditors
- Update and maintain policies and procedures documentation
- Maintain and improve internal controls over accounting processes
- Local management of an accounts payable team
- Perform/manage process improvements projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, along with relevant accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
- Big 4 firm trained accountant, 5 years + PQE
- Industry experience a plus, particularly within an international environment
- Solid accounting and technical skills (IFRS, US GAAP, SOX)
- Proficiency in Oracle(R12)/R11) GL module desired, not essential
- Auditing experience is required
- Financial operations management experience (exposure to AP function) a distinct advantage
- Ability to act independently, exercising independent decision making, and fulfilling responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to deal with others in a professional manner
Ancestry Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52-55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.
Please note: we do not require assistance from 3rd party recruitment companies at this time