Product Manager, Health
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry seeks a product leader to join our growing Health team, to own and drive health and wellness reports rooted in our mission of empowering journeys of personal discovery to enrich lives. With the largest DNA database in the world, you are uniquely positioned to produce unparalleled insights through delivering personalized health information in a human-friendly manner. You will strive to develop standards that foster understanding and improve health literacy for our customers. You will lead a center of excellence in collaboration with Ancestry’s team of scientists, researchers, designers, product owners, and engineers, to produce value, leading to a larger vision for a product you are proud to share with family and friends.
This position is located in our San Francisco, CA office, near the AT&T ballpark and one block from Caltrain.
What You Will Do
- Articulate and drive the vision for how new and existing customers will make personal discoveries through health reports
- Establish and test standards for comprehension
- Build strong working relationships and fundamental alignment with social scientists, UX, UXR, genetic counselors, health writers, ENG, DNA Science, Product Analytics, and Marketing
- Facilitate product continuity and organizational alignment between different initiatives
- Collaborate with quality assurance and regulatory affairs to comply with quality standards and pertinent regulation; produce documentation as needed
- Create a process to maximize efficiency and effectiveness in an ever-evolving environment
- Engage external partners to accelerate development, ensure user comprehension, and maximize customer satisfaction
- Define, track, and communicate clear success criteria
Who You Are
As a member of the Product team, you are passionate about our customers, fascinated by science, and insatiably compelled to build products that delight and engage. Our product managers lead through understanding opportunities, creating a vision, validating that vision through rapid prototyping, measurement, and user research, then partnering with development and marketing to launch and iterate.
- Minimum of 3-5 years building and shipping interactive consumer focused, online web products
- Incredibly smart, creative, driven, and experienced navigating ambiguity to deliver amazing products quickly
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in STEM
- Strong writing skills
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Execution oriented and highly organized
- Masterful communicator and able to lead through influence
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, you use facts to make decisions
- Passion for innovating and solving problems in the health and healthcare space
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.