Supply Chain Analyst (SQL) - Ancestry (DNA Operations)
- Lehi, UT, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is seeking a Supply Chain Analyst to be embedded within the DNA Operations – Production Analytics team. This role will report to the Supply Chain Analytics Manager and provide analytical support to the operations team. The production analytics team is responsible for providing visibility into the mechanics of the end-to-end supply chain, ensuring any issues are identified quickly, and identifying areas for improvement. This will include build out and maintenance of business reporting, ad-hoc analysis utilizing cross functional datasets, and presenting information/recommendations to management. This position will also be working with the SCM ERP and help govern data and processes involved.
This will be a data intensive role that requires a strong analytical and technical skill set. It will also be important to be able to communicate clearly via verbal presentation as well as visualization/reporting.
Scope of responsibilities:
What is this role doing?
- Ability to use complex data systems and mine data sources to identify trends
- Understand business, Operations and analytics requirements for data from a multitude of sources.
- Independently identify, quantify and solve problems in datasets, regardless of source.
- Specify and implement data quality metrics
- Keep cross-functional teams informed of progress and developments through proactive updates and reports
- Identify KPI’s and collaborate with the team to develop reporting around metrics.
- Ability to communicate recommended solutions and findings to the leadership team
- Develop and maintain reports using SQL
- Statistical analysis in support of the development of Models.
- Support and help data validation of a new Oracle Supply Chain (SCM) system
- Visualize data in an intuitive and actionable way.
Qualifications/Who are you:
- BS required – Information Systems, Business Analytics, Economics, Supply Chain, Finance, or similar. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in an internet, technology, and/or hard goods business is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL, ETL technologies, ERP systems, and Tableau.
- Experience with Halo BI (or comparable BI tools) preferred.
- Strong Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, modelling).
- Advanced Statistical knowledge is a must.
- Must be have a strong understanding of relational databases, and be comfortable constructing complex queries while optimizing system performance.
- Must be self-driven and be able to work in Ambiguous work environments
- Accountable for meeting delivery dates on assigned projects and tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external implementation teams
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.