Senior Quality Engineer - Algorithms
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is looking for a passionate Quality Engineer to help maintain high-accuracy and quality of data and releases for the Algorithms team. You will steer the development teams toward better test strategies, and enable them to implement and maintain deterministic test automation. You will prepare test plans and cases, and write automation towards the completion of those cases. Some ad-hoc, manual testing will be required based on the determined risk of the release.
You should have a passion for software testing and quality, a great customer experience, backend scripting and web services test automation, and working in an agile context. In this role, you may mentor, coach, and work directly with development teams to promote adoption of testing best practices and tools. You may lead and coordinate efforts with third party testers on their development teams.
- Plan, scope, schedule and implement testing activities for projects of varying size and complexity.
- Implement and enforce continuous testing quality gates in CI/CD pipelines.
- Write and maintain automation test cases to support backend algorithms, scripts and REST web services, though other types may also include dashboards, etc.
- Expand testing and automation across development teams to promote ownership of quality.
- Collaborate with product owners to evaluate stories and acceptance criteria for completeness ahead of the sprint.
- Manage bug flow, own bug triage and promote fixing and validation of bugs.
- Communicate status, metrics, and trending of quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- 3+ years software testing, developing and maintaining API and microservices test automation.
- Working knowledge of test automation for backend and web applications running Java and/or Python and associated frameworks. (ie: pytest, TestNG, JUnit, Postman, RestAssured)
- Working knowledge of common Linux commands and scripting, MySQL and ability to write SQL statements.
- Experience with continuous testing practices in a CI/CD development pipeline, and deploying test automation.
- Experience maintaining, setting up and using SonarQube for static analysis and quality gates preferred.
- Working knowledge of AWS and Docker is a plus.
- Experience working with Bioinformatics, genomics, arrays, DNA processing is a plus.
- Experience working on regulated health products, FDA software guidance, software development to IEC 62304 standards and familiarity with Title 21 - Part 820 Quality System Regulation is a definite plus.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF1109H)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.