Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team in support of corporate FP&A, the Emerging Businesses team, and various strategic finance projects across the organization. This highly visible position will report to the Director of FP&A for Emerging Businesses and will be responsible for supporting key business performance reporting including: monthly and quarterly business forecasts and reviews, annual budget development, ad-hoc financial modeling, and other related responsibilities. In this role, you will analyze financial and operational data, compile reports, build financial models, and prepare recommendations to Senior Management.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and presentation skills, well-established financial modeling skills, a firm understanding of finance and accounting concepts, experience working within a fast-paced finance team, superb analytical abilities, and excellent business partnering skills.
What you'll Do:
- Experience with financial reporting and income statement forecasting and analysis.
- Assist in coordination and completion of planning process, inclusive of annual budgets, forecasts and long-term plans for multiple business units
- Partner with broader FP&A team to ensure that forecasts are completed and loaded accurately each month
- Communicate financial and accounting information and trends to the management team to ensure that real-time business decisions can be made based on sound financial data
- Maintain and improve planning tools and processes
- Analysis and tracking of strategic initiatives, including development of supporting models and expected outcomes
- Report actual results versus plan, including variance analysis insights
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
- BS is required – MBA or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Experience with internet, technology, and/or content driven companies preferred
- 4 years minimum of financial analysis and forecasting experience
- Strong business partnering skills and holistic view of business strategy, processes and financial objectives
- Advanced Excel, pivot table , PowerPoint, and report-building skills
- Strong analytical abilities with sharp attention to detail a must and ability to identify and communicate actionable recommendations
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fun, fast-paced environment
Ancestry is a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission: to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what lead to them. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, and we use this powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people uncover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
Along with the chance to change lives and work with a fantastic group of people, we also offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits you can visit: https://www.ancestrybenefits.com/greatplacetowork.