Content Production Specialist – Imaging and Quality Production Team
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is looking to fill the position of Content Production Specialist. This individual will report to the Content Production Supervisor. Qualified candidates will be computer literate, detail-oriented, and comfortable working at repetitive tasks with accuracy and speed. Furthermore, the applicant should be a goal-oriented individual who is equally comfortable working independently and in a team environment.
This position is full time and located in Lehi, UT. Work hours will be 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m Monday through Friday.
- This position is compensated at $12.25 per hour.
Key Responsibilities/Performance Requirements:
- Complete quality assurance audits on digitized content
- Complete quality control audits for vendor partner audits
- Perform basic image enhancement and manipulation tasks
- Assure the quality of indexed data from pre-scanned documents
- Handle archival material according to strict guidelines and expectations
- Digitize microfilm, microfiche, books, or other historical documents for future publication to Ancestry
- Manage individual work time effectively and work well with others
- The ability to pick up new technical/computer tasks easily and quickly
- A willingness to learn new methodologies and software
- The capacity to maintain a positive, engaged attitude while working at repetitive tasks
- A temperament that easily adapts to changes in tasks and procedures
- An eagerness towards achieving personal and team goals
- Previous scanning experience and digital image editing a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Paleographic skills a plus
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on a specific task is essential
- Preferred Qualifications include: foreign language skills, indexing experience, library or family history research
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.