Senior front End Developer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is looking for a talented Senior Front End Developer to join our Stories team. The Ancestry Stories Team will be building a brand-new customer facing web application for a new innovative product. As a Senior Front End Developer on the team you will work closely with Product and UX to rapidly design, build, test and iterate new highly performant, scalable features.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with our UX team to identify, prototype, and release new features.
- Develop solutions that perform well and are scalable
- Effectively communicate with designers, product managers, and backend developers in a highly collaborative, agile environment
- Conduct regular code reviews and embrace best practices
Who You Are:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related academic field required
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience working in modern frameworks such as Angular 5 and React
- Ability to leverage modern CSS3 techniques and CSS preprocessors
- Appreciation for design, usability, cross-browser compatibility and accessibility
- Disciplined approach to software development and testing (e.g., QA, TDD)
- Proven commitment to quality and scalability
- Familiar with tools such as Git, Gulp, Jenkins
- Experience with Node.js, Kubernetes, Java and AWS preferred
- Continuous Integration/ Continuous deployment experience
- Proven experience building scalable web sites
Who We Are:
Ancestry is a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission: to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what lead to them. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, and we use this powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people uncover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
Along with the chance to change lives and work with a fantastic group of people, we also offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits you can visit: https://www.ancestrybenefits.com/greatplacetowork.