Senior front End Developer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is looking for a talented Senior Front End Developer to join our Stories team. The Ancestry Stories Team will be building a brand-new customer facing web application for a new innovative product. As a Senior Front End Developer on the team you will work closely with Product and UX to rapidly design, build, test and iterate new highly performant, scalable features.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with our UX team to identify, prototype, and release new features.
- Develop solutions that perform well and are scalable
- Effectively communicate with designers, product managers, and backend developers in a highly collaborative, agile environment
- Conduct regular code reviews and embrace best practices
Who You Are:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related academic field required
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience working in modern frameworks such as Angular 5 and React
- Ability to leverage modern CSS3 techniques and CSS preprocessors
- Appreciation for design, usability, cross-browser compatibility and accessibility
- Disciplined approach to software development and testing (e.g., QA, TDD)
- Proven commitment to quality and scalability
- Familiar with tools such as Git, Gulp, Jenkins
- Experience with Node.js, Kubernetes, Java and AWS preferred
- Continuous Integration/ Continuous deployment experience
- Proven experience building scalable web sites
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.