Research Manager- Southern Research
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is looking for a Research Manager to join one of our AncestryProGenealogists U.S. Research teams. The ProGenealogists team provides high quality genealogical research and deliverables for external clients and for internal Ancestry departments according to industry standards. As a Research Manager supporting one of our ProGenealogists team’s you will work with the clients, client relationship managers, and a group of researchers. Research Managers ensure that genealogical and quality standards are met, and both clients and team members have rewarding experiences with each case.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage 40-60 client cases at a time, including communicating with the client, assigning tasks to team members and contractors, ensuring cases are completed on time and within the retainer.
- Manage effective and efficient genealogical research at various archives, libraries, or repositories (online and onsite) to solve client’s research challenges.
- Work with Client Relationship Manager to provide satisfactory client experiences.
- Work with the research team manager to assist with the coaching and development of team members
- Ensure there is sufficient and appropriate work for pod members.
- Support AncestryProGenealogists by maintaining your own research value and other ProGen commitments.
- Maintain and/or develop leadership and management skills, as well as additional research skills and expertise
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum 5 years’ experience with professional genealogical research
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in History, English, or comparable experience.
- Experience in colonial mid-south research in Virginia, the Carolina's, Kentucky, and Tennessee
- Experience managing several projects at the same time.
- Experience communicating with clients, particularly setting expectations and resolving issues.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and providing feedback and coaching to team members.
- Genealogical Accreditation or Certification is preferred.
Ancestry is a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission: to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what lead to them. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, and we use this powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people uncover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
Along with the chance to change lives and work with a fantastic group of people, we also offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits you can visit: https://www.ancestrybenefits.com/greatplacetowork.