Accounts Receivable Clerk – Adpay
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 17 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than two million subscribers to create over 13 billion historical records, along with millions of DNA results to make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With over 1,400 employees around the world, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive.
We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.
This full-time, hourly position is primarily responsible for processing transactions in connection with a subsidiary and assisting with other accounts receivable duties. This position will report to the Accounts Receivable Manager and requires a person who performs at a high level of accuracy and efficiency, is well organized and demonstrates ownership and initiative to accomplish goals.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Perform collection procedures including creating and sending monthy consolidated invoices, single invoices, and statements to customers
- Regulalry monitors the aging and initiates appropriate actions to ensure collection of slow paying or delinquent balances, including phone contact and correspondence
- Work with customers and internal departments to solve account problems resulting from duplicate payments, inaccurate information, inaccurate set-ups, and slow payments, etc.; report results to management
- Track and invoice revenues and significant contractual terms associated with our white label classified advertisement platform
- Reconcile and adjust transactions related to an online obituary placement system or platform
- Reconcile automated processes between our front end and accounting software. Resolve manual exceptions
- Strong ability to problem solve and reconcile issues at a detailed level
- Monitor credit card payment processing, including chargebacks
- Assist with processing paper checks and entering bank deposits into Oracle EBusiness Suite
- Continually analyze processes for possible improvements or issues, proactively identifying and proposing solutions
- Motivated, extremely detail oriented energetic team player who is eager to learn and contribute to the team
- Strong organization skills
- 1 to 3 years experience in accounts receivable and collections; business-to-business experience
- Self-starter who is able to act independently and fulfill responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and understand contracts
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and balance multiple responsibilities
- Strong Excel/data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Strong customer service skills
- Experience with Oracle EBusiness Suite Financials or other accounting system helpful
- Ability to work with customers, employees, etc. in a professional manner
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.