Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET/Automation) - Ancestry DNA Health and Wellness
- Lehi, UT, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page online.
The DNA Health and Wellness team is seeking an Intermediate Software Engineer in Test to help us grow in some pretty exciting new initiatives we have for our consumers. You’ll be joining a team of 6 other Engineers, being the 7th to complete this Scrum team. We get to innovate and create, while also maintaining robust Enterprise systems for our DNA supply chain needs. If passion for quality software is your expertise, come apply to learn more about what this opportunity could mean for your career!
The Ancestry DNA Health and Wellness Team
- You will work within a dedicated group of friendly, collaborative and passionate teammates
- We cultivate a lively team spirit & an easygoing office vibe, and as a small team we’re able to maintain that cozy family-feel
- At the same time, we always encourage each other to challenge convention and to continue finding better ways to delight our members
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join the DNA Health and Wellness Team in Lehi which supports our Operations team, shipping & DNA banking facilities, labs, and other mission-critical DNA kit fulfillment needs. SDET’s are an important part of the development team and are responsible for the full spectrum of test planning, design, automation, and regression.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Dev Team and evaluate the product design, architecture, and requirements.
- Develop test plans to analyze, justify and document the status of each phase of application testing.
- Perform analysis, design, and development of test automation tools, and frameworks: unit tests, integration tests for external services, load/performance tests, and continuous integration/deployment integration.
- Participate in defining automation test objectives, strategies, standards and best practices.
- Research new technology and development tools to remain abreast of current technology.
- Guide testability, automation feasibility and traceability requirements in product design.
- Participate in code reviews.
- BS in Computer Science is required
- Minimum 5 years of backend software development in test and test automation experience (Java and REST is preferred)
- Experience in Test Automation, and software testing lifecycles (Maven or Gradle)
- Working knowledge of Agile (Scrum, XP, etc.) project planning and execution
- Solid understanding of Java and object oriented design.
- Proficient in Shell scripts implementation tools or program for testing.
- Understanding of unit test frameworks (JUnit, TestNG) Java mocking frameworks (Mockito, JMock)
- Familiar with test automation platform/software (Jenkins etc.)
- Skills in AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes would be a wonderful skill to have, yet we’ll bring you up to speed if you don’t have it and are hoping to for the opportunity to learn it!
- Intermediate skills in SQL Database is required
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.