Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team supporting the DNA business unit and ad hoc financial modeling. This position will be responsible for supporting key business performance reporting including: monthly and quarterly business forecasts and reviews, annual budget development, ad-hoc financial modeling, and other related responsibilities. In this role, you will analyze financial and operational data, compile reports, build financial models, and prepare recommendations to Senior Management.
The successful candidate will have excellent financial modeling skills, a firm understanding of finance and accounting concepts, well-established communication and presentation skills, and superb analytical abilities.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Experience with financial reporting and income statement forecasting and analysis.
- Analysis and tracking of strategic initiatives, including development of supporting models and expected outcomes
- Assist in coordination and completion of planning process, inclusive of annual budgets, forecasts and long-term plans for multiple business units
- Partner with broader FP&A team to ensure that forecasts are completed accurately and timely each month and reporting variance analysis insights
- Communicate financial and accounting information and trends to management to ensure that real-time business decisions can be made based on sound financial data
- Maintain and improve planning tools and processes
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
- BS is required – MBA or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 4-6 years of financial analysis and forecasting experience
- Experience with internet, technology, and/or hard goods companies preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to perform complex financial analyses, sensitivity analysis, and modeling the operational impact of strategic initiatives
- Sharp attention to detail a must and ability to identify and communicate actionable recommendations
- Strong business partnering skills and holistic view of business strategy, processes and financial objectives
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, pivot table, and report-building skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Experience with IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) and SQL or comparable technologies preferred
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.