Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team supporting the DNA business unit and ad hoc financial modeling. This position will be responsible for supporting key business performance reporting including: monthly and quarterly business forecasts and reviews, annual budget development, ad-hoc financial modeling, and other related responsibilities. In this role, you will analyze financial and operational data, compile reports, build financial models, and prepare recommendations to Senior Management.
The successful candidate will have excellent financial modeling skills, a firm understanding of finance and accounting concepts, well-established communication and presentation skills, and superb analytical abilities.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Experience with financial reporting and income statement forecasting and analysis.
- Analysis and tracking of strategic initiatives, including development of supporting models and expected outcomes
- Assist in coordination and completion of planning process, inclusive of annual budgets, forecasts and long-term plans for multiple business units
- Partner with broader FP&A team to ensure that forecasts are completed accurately and timely each month and reporting variance analysis insights
- Communicate financial and accounting information and trends to management to ensure that real-time business decisions can be made based on sound financial data
- Maintain and improve planning tools and processes
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
- BS is required – MBA or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 4-6 years of financial analysis and forecasting experience
- Experience with internet, technology, and/or hard goods companies preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to perform complex financial analyses, sensitivity analysis, and modeling the operational impact of strategic initiatives
- Sharp attention to detail a must and ability to identify and communicate actionable recommendations
- Strong business partnering skills and holistic view of business strategy, processes and financial objectives
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, pivot table, and report-building skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Experience with IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) and SQL or comparable technologies preferred
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.