Genealogical Research Manager- Unknown Parentage/DNA
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Ancestry is looking for a Research Manager to join our Unknown Parentage team. The Unknown Parentage team is a group of researchers at AncestryProGenealogists devoted to helping clients identify their parents or grandparents using DNA test results and historical records. As a Research Manager on the Unknown Parentage team you will be responsible for managing 50 to 70 client projects and working with a small research team, analyzing DNA results, historical records and identifying immediate family members for adoptees, donor conceived individuals and others.
What You'll Do:
- Manage 50 to 70 projects at a time, including communicating with clients, assigning tasks to team members and contractors, ensuring cases are completed on time and within the retainer.
- Manage effective and efficient genealogical research using DNA and documentary evidence (online and onsite).
- Work with the Research Team Manager to assist with the coaching and development of other team members.
- Consistently produce high quality research deliverables for client projects.
- Maintain and/or develop leadership and management skills, as well as additional research skills and expertise.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience conducting research using DNA evidence.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working directly with clients.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English, Family History, History or related field.
- Experience managing several projects at the same time and communicating with clients.
- Experience working with all major genealogical websites and with DNA results through all major consumer genomics companies, including autosomal, mitochondrial, and Y-DNA.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Forensic genealogical experience preferred.
- Experience working in a corporate team environment preferred.
- Portfolio of work samples will be requested.
Ancestry is a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission: to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what lead to them. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, and we use this powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people uncover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
Along with the chance to change lives and work with a fantastic group of people, we also offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits you can visit: https://www.ancestrybenefits.com/greatplacetowork.