Senior Product Manager, Mobile
- Lehi, UT, USA
We’re looking for a passionate product leader to drive innovation through our DNA mobile app. Ancestry leads the industry with an award winning suite of mobile apps and we’re looking to expand the scope and impact of these applications.
You will directly lead a development team whose objective is to build the most compelling experiences possible for Ancestry customers. You will serve as a subject matter expert and consult with cross-functional teams on how to best deliver meaningful mobile solutions that drive our DNA experience forward for customers.
- Build and drive forward the mobile vision for Ancestry customers
- Define key milestones and targets for the DNA app to hitand drive the successful execution needed to hit these goals.
- Define and iterate on the problems and unique opportunities that can be delivered through mobile technology
- Define, design, implement and deliver world class mobile features
- Drive deep partnerships with Apple and Google on upcoming feature releases
- Use multi-variant testing to validate product features and optimize conversion
- Write detailed business and technical requirements and use cases for cross functional teams
- Partner and work closely with designers to understand and optimize the user experience
- Proactively spot customer needs and wants through data and intuition
- Lead cross-functional teams including UX, Engineering, Marketing, PR, Business Development, Finance, and Customer Support through the product development lifecycle
- Drive continual product improvements through creative solutions based on ongoing customer research, market and competitive analysis, and product performance.
- 6+ years of product management experience with a proven track record of shipping great products
- A proven track record of breaking down discrete drivers of complex issues to define the most impactful solutions
- The willingness and ability to comfortably adapt to new information and data to help drive the best results
- Successful track record of delivering high quality iOS and/or Android products
- Strong technical understanding of mobile technologies and the process of releasing and updating apps through iTunes Connect and/or Google Play
- Ability and track record of leading through influence and energizing cross-functional teams.
- Experience in evolving and refining development processes to ensure optimum output
- A history of successful partnerships with large engineering teams
- Excellent communications skills, presentation techniques, meeting mechanics, and team building skills
- Excellent research and data analysis skills combined with an obsession for making data based decisions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment with an entrepreneurial approach and drive for continuous improvement
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.