Program Management, Intern - DNA Operations
- Lehi, UT, USA
It takes customer obsession to pioneer and focus on what matters most, to tackle challenges, break through boundaries to create change, to stay on the cutting edge, and pioneer relentlessly. We are looking for the next generation of talent to drive the business, grow our people, and put the customer before all else.
Our culture empowers journeys of personal discovery, giving you the freedom to participate in impactful projects and explore the intersections of our businesses: technology, data science, DNA science, product, design, marketing, legal, and more. We’re looking for innovative minds, diverse ideas, and for students interested in connecting personal discoveries and technology. Our interns enjoy mentorship and experience challenging work while receiving fantastic pay, fully-paid temporary housing, and having a fun captivating experience—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
Ancestry seeks a highly motivated, internet-savvy Program Management intern to join our Program team. The Program Management team engages with executive team to strategize, leads design discussions with stakeholders to define and collaborates across multi-disciplinary teams to deliver. Program management team ensures initiatives are defined, scoped and prioritized based on cost, benefits and risks. This team ensures programs are delivered on-time and on budget, tested, implemented and documented. As a Program Management Intern on the Program Management team you will be working with Program Managers to establish the PMO on DNA Operations team. You will also take ownership on a given Program and will be working closely with Product, Analytics, Engineering and Production teams to ensure timely deliveries through the program life-cycle to enhance and scale AncestryDNA's Supply Chain.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with Program Management team on developing the PMO
- Conduct assessments of system accuracy, efficiency, productivity and performance
- Create processes and tools for Project and Program Management
- Manage and track progress of program activities to ensure overall goals, schedule, budget and benefits of the program are met
- Produce project plans, activity dependencies, project timelines and reports
- Create documents and process flows used to educate business users
- Assist scoping and requirements gathering of initiatives
- Assist the Program Management team on active programs and adapt to changing needs of the team
- Develop post production support on implemented programs and suggests enhancements and improvements to increase efficiency and system accuracy
- Deliverables to include models, SOPs, design requirements, process/data flows, executive one-pager and executive presentation to be delivered as part of the project.
Who You Are:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s or Ph.D. level degree
- Must be currently enrolled in a university and graduating after Summer 2019
- Supply chain knowledge and excellent understanding of systems and processes behind operations
- Project management experience with a track record of success managing systems or process implementations.
- Familiarity with agile framework is required
- Familiarity with project planning software such as MS Project, Primavera is required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong technical understanding is required, programming skills such as SQL, VBA, R, Python is a plus
- Analytical aptitude and demonstrated experience in using analytics to drive system and process improvements
- ERP experience is a plus
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing demands based upon the needs of the business
- Detail-oriented and excellent quality, documentation and requirements mapping skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent presentation skills
For more information on what we do and to apply to open Ancestry internships, visit our careers page: https://www.ancestry.com/corporate/careers/search-jobs/department/internships
Ancestry, the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnesses the information found in family trees, historical records, and DNA to help people gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Ancestry has more than three million paying subscribers across its core Ancestry websites with an extensive collection of over 10 billion digitized historical records and has sold over 14 million AncestryDNA kits to date. Since 1996, users have created over 100 million family trees and 11 billion ancestor profiles on the Ancestry flagship site and its affiliated international websites. Ancestry offers a suite of family history products and services including AncestryDNA, Archives, AncestryProGenealogists, Newspapers.com and Fold3. AncestryDNA is owned and operated by Ancestry.com DNA, LLC, a subsidiary of Ancestry.com Holdings LLC.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.