Product Management, Intern - DNA Operations
- Lehi, UT, USA
It takes customer obsession to pioneer and focus on what matters most, to tackle challenges, break through boundaries to create change, to stay on the cutting edge, and pioneer relentlessly. We are looking for the next generation of talent to drive the business, grow our people, and put the customer before all else.
Our culture empowers journeys of personal discovery, giving you the freedom to participate in impactful projects and explore the intersections of our businesses: technology, data science, DNA science, product, design, marketing, legal, and more. We’re looking for innovative minds, diverse ideas, and for students interested in connecting personal discoveries and technology. Our interns enjoy mentorship and experience challenging work while receiving fantastic pay, fully-paid temporary housing, and having a fun captivating experience—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
Ancestry seeks a highly motivated, internet-savvy Product Management Intern to join our Product Management team. The Product team supports the software development needs of the DNA Operations team and operates at the intersection of business, technology, and user experience and contributes both high-level strategic thinking and a roll-up-your-sleeves execution. As a Product Management Intern on the Product team, you will be responsible for bringing together engineers, operations team members and departments from around the company to deliver software projects as well as understand the effect on operations of supporting projects. You will actively participate in supply chain strategy, engineering, and improvement projects, inventory and costs to deliver industry-leading supply chain performance outcomes.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Operations Product Management team in understanding the product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product delivery with a team of engineers and designers to ship high-quality solutions.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders across operations; will need to manage back-log of an engineering team, and engage in their processes and systems of work. Familiarity with Agile methodologies a plus.
- Lead the delivery of a project from conception, requirements gathering & design, development, testing all the way through launch
- Create product specifications and stories (possibly wireframes) to convey interaction models and define edge cases
- Define methods and metrics for identifying success and failure while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives
- Take ownership and accountability over projects and outcomes; will be a key leader over a variety of projects
- Deliverables to include models, SOPs, design requirements, process/data flows, executive one-pager and executive presentation to be delivered as part of the project.
Who You Are:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s or Ph.D. level degree
- Must be currently enrolled in a university and graduating after Summer 2019
- Supply chain knowledge and excellent understanding of systems and processes behind operations
- Product management experience with a track record of success gathering requirements designing products
- Familiarity with agile framework is required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong technical understanding is required, programming skills such as SQL, VBA, R, Python is a plus
- Analytical aptitude and demonstrated experience in using analytics to drive system and process improvements
- ERP experience is a plus
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing demands based upon the needs of the business
- Detail-oriented and excellent quality, documentation and requirements mapping skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent presentation skills
For more information on what we do and to apply to open Ancestry internships, visit our careers page: https://www.ancestry.com/corporate/careers/search-jobs/department/internships
Ancestry, the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnesses the information found in family trees, historical records, and DNA to help people gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Ancestry has more than three million paying subscribers across its core Ancestry websites with an extensive collection of over 10 billion digitized historical records and has sold over 14 million AncestryDNA kits to date. Since 1996, users have created over 100 million family trees and 11 billion ancestor profiles on the Ancestry flagship site and its affiliated international websites. Ancestry offers a suite of family history products and services including AncestryDNA, Archives, AncestryProGenealogists, Newspapers.com and Fold3. AncestryDNA is owned and operated by Ancestry.com DNA, LLC, a subsidiary of Ancestry.com Holdings LLC.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.