UX/UI Design, Intern
- Lehi, UT, USA
It takes customer obsession to pioneer and focus on what matters most, to tackle challenges, break through boundaries to create change, to stay on the cutting edge, and pioneer relentlessly. We are looking for the next generation of talent to drive the business, grow our people, and put the customer before all else.
Our culture empowers journeys of personal discovery, giving you the freedom to participate in impactful projects and explore the intersections of our businesses: technology, data science, DNA science, product, design, marketing, legal, and more. We’re looking for innovative minds, diverse ideas, and for students interested in connecting personal discoveries and technology. Our interns enjoy mentorship and experience challenging work while receiving fantastic pay, fully-paid temporary housing, and having a fun captivating experience—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
As a UX/UI Design Intern, you'll be responsible for assisting in the creation of product flows, from concept to iterative improvements, ensuring that design and interaction blend with business, customer, and technical requirements.
You will receive real-world experience designing for a company that produces leading web and mobile products in Family History and DNA testing. Your opportunities for participation, as an intern will include:
What You'll Do:
- Brainstorming and ideation sessions for complex and meaningful problems.
- Working with a UX team comprised of skilled designers dedicated to creating useful experiences.
- Usability studies where actual customers will test your designs.
- Working with interdisciplinary teams that include scientists, product managers, and web, iOS and Android developers.
- Your designs will have an impact on users who have intimate relationships with our product.
Who You are:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Interaction Design, User Experience, Graphic Design or equivalent to a related technical field.
- Must be currently enrolled in a university and graduating after Summer 2018
- Knowledge in creating task flows, wireframes, prototypes, annotated mocks, etc.
- Familiar with design software such as: Sketch, Photoshop or Illustrator.
- An understanding of interaction/user-centric design and strong visual design insight.
- Open to soliciting additional insights by sharing your design work with customers, other designers, and project stakeholders.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, ability to work with remote teams.
- A portfolio with examples of student and/or professional work.
For more information on what we do and to apply to open Ancestry internships, visit our careers page: https://www.ancestry.com/corporate/careers/search-jobs/department/internships
Ancestry, the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnesses the information found in family trees, historical records, and DNA to help people gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Ancestry has more than three million paying subscribers across its core Ancestry websites with an extensive collection of over 10 billion digitized historical records and has sold over 14 million AncestryDNA kits to date. Since 1996, users have created over 100 million family trees and 11 billion ancestor profiles on the Ancestry flagship site and its affiliated international websites. Ancestry offers a suite of family history products and services including AncestryDNA, Archives, AncestryProGenealogists, Newspapers.com and Fold3. AncestryDNA is owned and operated by Ancestry.com DNA, LLC, a subsidiary of Ancestry.com Holdings LLC.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.