Product Manager, Intern (Mobile App Team)
- Lehi, UT, USA
It takes customer obsession to pioneer and focus on what matters most, to tackle challenges, break through boundaries to create change, to stay on the cutting edge, and pioneer relentlessly. We are looking for the next generation of talent to drive the business, grow our people, and put the customer before all else.
Our culture empowers journeys of personal discovery, giving you the freedom to participate in impactful projects and explore the intersections of our businesses: technology, data science, DNA science, product, design, marketing, legal, and more. We’re looking for innovative minds, diverse ideas, and for students interested in connecting personal discoveries and technology. Our interns enjoy mentorship and experience challenging work while receiving fantastic pay, fully-paid temporary housing, and having a fun captivating experience—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
Ancestry seeks a highly motivated, internet-savvy Product Manager intern to join our Ancestry Mobile App team. With access to billions of records, the goal of the Ancestry Mobile App Team is to help users learn about their past, uncover family stories, and share their experiences doing it all in the palm of their hands. As a Product Manager on the Ancestry Mobile App team, you will help us improve the onboarding experience for new registered users and prepare them for a successful journey of self-discovery.
What You’ll Do:
- Help define a feature roadmap to improve the Ancestry onboarding experience across the iOS and Android apps.
- Drive feature development and innovations that delight customers and enable rich, frictionless product experiences.
- Identify opportunities to study user interactions and leverage data to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Lead a cross-functional team of development, UX and product marketing to produce and successfully launch new features.
- Write detailed business and technical requirements and use cases.
- Determine, align and deliver success metrics and reporting needs in your area.
Who You Are:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s or Ph.D. level degree
- Must be currently enrolled in a university and graduating after Summer 2019
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing for priorities simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills coupled with highly effective communications.
- A hungry entrepreneurial and “can do” spirit and an insatiable will to get stuff done.
- Experience shipping products in the past, especially on mobile, is a strong plus.
- Experience with Ancestry is a strong plus.
For more information on what we do and to apply to open Ancestry internships, visit our careers page: https://www.ancestry.com/corporate/careers/search-jobs/department/internships
Ancestry, the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnesses the information found in family trees, historical records, and DNA to help people gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Ancestry has more than three million paying subscribers across its core Ancestry websites with an extensive collection of over 10 billion digitized historical records and has sold over 14 million AncestryDNA kits to date. Since 1996, users have created over 100 million family trees and 11 billion ancestor profiles on the Ancestry flagship site and its affiliated international websites. Ancestry offers a suite of family history products and services including AncestryDNA, Archives, AncestryProGenealogists, Newspapers.com and Fold3. AncestryDNA is owned and operated by Ancestry.com DNA, LLC, a subsidiary of Ancestry.com Holdings LLC.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.