Consumer Insights Director - International
- London, UK
Ancestry is the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to develop new experiences to help everyone, everywhere discover the story of what led to them. Ancestry offers a suite of family history products and services including AncestryDNA, Archives, ProGenealogists, Newspapers.com and Fold3. We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission- to help every person discover, preserve and share the story of what led to them.
Ancestry has more than 1,400 employees in locations across the globe. Headquartered in Utah, Ancestry has offices in San Francisco, Dublin, London, Sydney, and Munich.
Ancestry seeks an experienced Consumer Insights professional who is passionate about driving global businesses growth through deep consumer and market understanding and fueling a consumer-driven company culture. This position reports to our VP, Consumer Insights and will be based in London, UK (Covent Garden) overseeing all International (except North America) business.
What you'll do:
- Bring to life Ancestry’s different consumers around the world for the International team to fuel localized growth strategies.
- Develop and synthesize segmentation, brand health and other foundational insights into frameworks that inform international brand strategy and drive key business decisions across product and marketing.
- Define and drive an integrated market research strategy and plan to proactively provide a comprehensive view of the customer, market, and Ancestry brand in each key geography.
- Manage all aspects of primary research, including partnering with key stakeholders to frame problems, designing research methodologies, implementing high-quality data collection, and analyzing results.
- Translate research findings into clear and actionable insights through thoughtful data collection, in-depth analysis, sharp observations, smart story-telling, and compelling presentations.
- Present and evangelize results and recommendations to teams and executive staff.
- Connect with North America insights team to share best practices.
- Build the International Consumer Insights team over the course of next 3 years as the company aggressively targets new market opportunities.
Who you are:
● Technical Research Skills:10+ years of consumer-focused market research experience. You will have experience on the client side with at least 2 years in a dedicated multi-country role. (Preferably with experience in packaged goods, online services, e-commerce, gaming, and/or mobile applications).
- Ability to reframe synthesized data & learnings into new frameworks to bring consumer insights to life.
- Able to identify future research challenges & work to develop new methods that address gaps.
- Broad and deep research experience across qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. market segmentation, brand tracking, advertising effectiveness (TV and digital), packaging research, concept testing, market sizing, forecasting, pricing, NPS/customer satisfaction, syndicated data analysis, ethnographic research, etc.).
- Mastery of survey theory with hands-on experience using well-known survey and analysis tools such as Qualtrics, MarketSight, etc.
● Business Acumen: Proven track record of framing ambiguous problems and creatively leveraging research methods to answer difficult questions.
- Able to leverage research findings and strong understanding of business indicators to formulate long term business plans.
- Able to see future trends and anticipate what brand/product changes are required to stay relevant to customers.
- Experience evaluating, influencing, and inspiring advertising creative strategies.
- Demonstrated team player mentality - ability to work effectively across multiple projects and teams.
- Experience interpreting marketing analytics methodologies (e.g. marketing mix modeling).
● Proactive Independence: Proactive, self-starter attitude; comfortable with ambiguity and balancing multiple priorities/needs.
- Able to formulate a comprehensive process to help shape business strategy/growth.
- Help organizations to think through brand & category growth strategies by demonstrating clear recommendations.
● Visible Influence: Top-notch writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Build trust to influence most senior executives in the organization.
- Confident in presenting in front of most senior executives and ability to align them via a simple message.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52/55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry.com group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.