Product Management Intern, Content Systems
- Lehi, UT, USA
It takes customer obsession to pioneer and focus on what matters most, to tackle challenges, break through boundaries to create change, to stay on the cutting edge, and pioneer relentlessly. We are looking for the next generation of talent to drive the business, grow our people, and put the customer before all else.
Our culture empowers journeys of personal discovery, giving you the freedom to participate in impactful projects and explore the intersections of our businesses: technology, data science, DNA science, product, design, marketing, legal, and more. We’re looking for innovative minds, diverse ideas, and for students interested in connecting personal discoveries and technology. Our interns enjoy mentorship and experience challenging work while receiving fantastic pay, fully-paid temporary housing, and having a fun captivating experience—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
We are looking for an energetic, aspiring product manager that can continue to build on their success by joining our team as a Product Management Intern for Content Systems. In this role, you would help define the product direction of the systems that recognize, digitize, and create the foundation for discoveries via Ancestry’s ever-expanding collection of more than 17 billion records. The Product Management Intern for Content Systems will play an important role in driving strategy, standards, and execution broadly across this mission-critical asset. How these records are curated and presented to users is essential to their ability to make new discoveries about their family on Ancestry.com. In this role, you will work with industry-leading engineers and computer scientists to make it easier for people to discover their family history through Ancestry’s world-class technology. You will work closely with the content team to help them rapidly recognize and tag content that drives the core family history business. Success in this role means delivering solutions that allow Ancestry to publish meaningful content more rapidly in a way that allows customers to discover meaningful records more quickly.
This position requires an energetic product manager with technical skills and understanding, interest in experience working with multiple teams, and an ability to be self-motivated to drive and deliver quality solutions across those teams.
You will work closely with engineering teams and data scientists, as well as other product managers - strong communication skills are needed. This role requires you to understand and champion the end-consumer use-cases that rely on content. You must be able to communicate effectively with our engineers, scientists, executives, and other stakeholders.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with stakeholders across all areas of the company including product, marketing, development, IT, member services, legal and external stakeholders in offshore development centers and with other development partners.
- Formulate and implement product development strategy, roadmaps, agile best practices, data standards, policies, and governance procedures.
- Gather requirements and lead innovation efforts for the systems related to the Content platform and our downstream partners.
- Work with architecture and development experts on the team to coordinate the roadmap and strategy for Content/Family History related issues and drive data best practices, standards and policies into all areas of development.
- Stay up to date with industry trends concerning management and use of Content/Family History data.
- Lead the discovery phase, including user research and user testing for Content Systems
- Create the vision for Content/Family History at Ancestry, informing the product roadmap for all platforms with new ideas based on ongoing customer research and product performance analysis
- Write detailed business and product requirements and use cases for Content/Family History
- Lead a cross-functional team of development and Content Operations to produce and successfully launch new features and improve existing ones
- Determine, align and deliver success metrics and reporting needs in your area
Required Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years of interactive consumer-focused, online web product management experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Incredibly smart, creative, driven, coupled with the emotional intelligence to navigate a large product organization to deliver amazing solutions quickly
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Driven to succeed by the company’s core mission to help people discover, preserve, and share their family history
- Strong organizational skills coupled with highly effective communications skills (written and oral)
Ancestry, the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnesses the information found in family trees, historical records, and DNA to help people gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Ancestry has more than three million paying subscribers across its core Ancestry websites with an extensive collection of over 10 billion digitized historical records and has sold over 14 million AncestryDNA kits to date. Since 1996, users have created over 100 million family trees and 11 billion ancestor profiles on the Ancestry flagship site and its affiliated international websites. Ancestry offers a suite of family history products and services including AncestryDNA, Archives, AncestryProGenealogists, Newspapers.com and Fold3. AncestryDNA is owned and operated by Ancestry.com DNA, LLC, a subsidiary of Ancestry.com Holdings LLC.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.