Executive Assistant, Marketing
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Our Marketing organization is growing, and we are looking for an outstanding Executive Assistant to support our Senior VP, Global Customer Experience and Product Commercialization and Global Creative leaders. You will work on a variety of tasks and partner closely with Executives to support their working life and communication. You will be the right hand to these Executives to assist with schedule coordination, gathering/researching materials for meetings, expense reporting, coordinating travel both domestic and global, etc.
This position requires first-rate communication skills, excellent judgement, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize tasks – from the everyday to the more strategic. Your skills and positive attitude will set you apart from your peers, and your extensive experience will clearly demonstrate your pride in the quality of your work.
What you will do:
- Extensive Calendar Management (day to day and long range), across multiple time zones and geographies.
- Schedule and coordinate business travel (international and domestic) including itineraries, reservations and expense reports for key department members.
- Anticipate and assemble information and data packages for meetings, business travel and other department and company events, preparing and/or adding finishing touches & polish to documents and other material as needed.
- Organize, execute and assist with team activities - staff meeting agendas, all-hands meetings, on-sites/off-sites, and team social events.
- Schedule events including booking venues, creating attendee materials, managing catering, coordinating with external vendors, and in some cases making travel and accommodations arrangements
- Collaborate with other Executive Assistants, assist with coverage as needed.
- Actively work to establish and enhance the spirit, culture and environment of the team and organization.
- Other projects and responsibilities as requested.
Who you are:
- 3+ years’ experience assisting at the executive level in a fast-paced environment; experience working in a global technology company preferred.
- Experience supporting two or more executives simultaneously, as well as a large team across multiple locations.
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a smile and a sense of humor.
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Strong reporting, organization, and planning skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Visio, SharePoint and OneNote and willing to learn new software; highly adept at using technology for efficiency and efficacy.
- Customer-oriented with a true desire to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and team spirit of the marketing department.
- Open-minded and innovative with ability to be flexible and use sound judgement;
Self-motivated, driven and able to work well independently.
- Absolute discretion regarding company, departmental and other proprietary and sensitive information is essential.
- Dependability and willingness to work overtime on occasion.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.