Senior Marketing Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Does analyzing customer behaviors and optimizing online experiences sound fun to you? If you have excellent web analytics skills and are awesome at communicating technical mumbo jumbo in plain English so people can apply the work you’ve done, you should definitely apply for this position.
In this Senior Marketing Analyst role you will help drive Ancestry’s success by leading analytics needed to drive conversion and optimize our on-site/e-commerce experience. You will also contribute to ongoing learnings around site optimization by delivering insights gathered through A/B Tests. As a direct to consumer business our website is critical to our success and you will have the opportunity to make a big impact on it in this role.
You will have the opportunity to work with various marketing channel leads and have a strong partnership with the on-site/e-commerce team at Ancestry. You’ll also partner closely with our FP&A and Business Intelligence teams to make sure we can apply our learnings to business planning and forecasts.
So what are you waiting for you? Apply today and join Ancestry’s awesome Marketing Analytics team!
What you will do:
- Lead A/B testing pipeline and analytics: Establish testing priorities, build success metrics, validate implementation, ensure statistical significance, monitor results across KPIs.
- Clearly communicate test results and recommendations to business stakeholders.
- Build dashboards and reporting to enable self-serve analytics.
- Perform Ad hoc analysis to promote understanding of site behavior (eg. pathing & fallout analysis, data mining, surveys, etc.); make actionable recommendations.
- Use excellent technical skills to access information from various structured and unstructured data sources.
- Initiate and drive data projects, writing clear requirements for our ETL and Development teams.
- 3-5 years experience in analytics with 2+ years using web analytics tools like Adobe Analytics/Omniture or Google Analytics.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM related field required.
- Advanced expertise with data analysis tools like SQL, Tableau and Excel.
- Demonstrated track record of increasing conversion through A/B testing and web optimization.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity with a bias for action.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.