Senior Product Manager, International
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is seeking a product leader focused on growing our international market presence through improving our international customer experiences and introducing our DNA and Family History products into new markets. Through a deep partnership with marketing teams across the globe, this product leader will be accountable for owning a strategic roadmap that spans across all of Ancestries products and apps. They will be charged with building go-to-market plans, and driving a steady velocity of releasing new customer experiences that drives meaningful impact to our customer base. This product leader will balance the strategic goals of improving the existing experience available in local markets alongside introducing our products into new territories with the joint goal of expanding our international presence and product experience. This position will require an analytical mindset that can turn big problems into simple solutions to drive significant growth to the business and to the customer experience. They will be the champion of the international product experience across executives and development teams.
This position reports to a Sr Director of Product and can be based in either the Lehi, UT or San Francisco, CA offices.
What you will do;
- Define a feature roadmap to improve the Ancestry experience across international markets and introduces it to new markets.
- Drive feature development and innovations that delight customers and enable rich, frictionless product experiences.
- Build a deep understanding of our international customers to champion the nuances of international markets across teams.
- Establish a framework that ensures we focus on the right opportunities so that we expand internationally with efficiency and high impact.
- Work across marketing, analytics, legal and the development org to drive a high velocity feature release schedule.
- Establish a deep, analytical understanding of the opportunities available internationally and the improvements needed in the product to unlock those opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to study user interactions and leverage data to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Build strong working relationships and alignment with peers in design, engineering, legal, and marketing.
- Define and communicate clear success criteria for each release, quarter and year end.
- Establish a robust framework for localization needs that span legal, marketing and product.
- Work with PR, marketing, legal, and member services to manage launches E2E.
Who you are
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in full stack consumer experience with 3+ years in consumer product management focused on international expansion preferred.
- Experience delivering innovative products across the globe.
- A deeply strategic minded person who can absorb data easily and turn that data into actionable plans.
- Deep understanding of front and back end development to define features at both the UX and API levels
- Strong writing skills to clearly articulate a vision / objectives and influence others towards them
- Fluent in the language and methods of a fast paced and data driven culture.
- Obsessed with customer understanding and measurable success
- Effective communications skills, presentation techniques, meeting mechanics, and team building skills
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.