- San Francisco, CA, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page https://www.ancestry.com/corporate/careers/search-jobs
With over 1,400 employees around the world, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive.
We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.
AncestryDNA is seeking a motivated and talented Genetic Epidemiologist to use phenotype data to harness the value of our existing genetic and pedigree data. Working with a diverse team of population geneticists, computer scientists and statisticians, the Epidemiologist will analyze phenotypes with existing genotype data for over 10 million individuals to help our customers better understand their origins and their connections. The successful candidate will have experience performing association analyses in multiethnic populations and will apply this work to the elucidation of disease risk. Experience working with health phenotypes is preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. in Genetic Epidemiology, Epidemiology with an emphasis in genetics, Public Health, or related field. Postdoctoral or industry experience is encouraged. Master’s degrees with relevant experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing phenotype data in large multiethnic genomic datasets
- A computational background manipulating large genomic datasets
- Experience with phenotype harmonization across multiple studies / centers
- Ability to develop and evaluate study-design and analysis results for health phenotypes
- Firm knowledge and application of current statistical methods
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large datasets in languages such as R or Python in a Linux environment
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: linkage studies, gene burden tests, and genetic risk scores in related or unrelated populations and the application to disease risk
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills for our collaborative and fast-paced team environment
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.