- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
As Program Manager you will work closely with product managers, engineers, designers, marketers, and others to ensure the timely delivery of DNA products and features. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in a program or project management capacity in a multi-disciplinary environment. You will play a huge part of aligning teams and achieving success on mid to large scale projects. Additionally, as Program Manager you will be instrumental in establishing best practices and leading the documentation of internal processes for Ancestry.
What you will do:
The primary responsibility for the Program Manager is to ensure timely delivery of products to market by guiding teams through processes that will help the them improve coordination and predictability, and identify and overcome product delivery roadblocks.
- Support Product Managers with end to end execution of product and/or feature releases
- Build strong communication channels with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Science, UX, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Legal and Customer Support through the product development process
- Gather, synthesize and understand business requirements and produce timelines
- Ensure informed decisions are communicated by bringing together all project collaborators and processes in a unified view of project status
- Establish and extend best practice enterprise-wide by continuously capturing and iterating on project management processes, resulting in improved efficiencies
- Align the right resources to the right projects at the right time, ensuring individual resources are fully leveraged
- Confidently lead team meetings, providing context and following up on actions
- Minimum 4+ years of program or project management experience. Prefer 2+ years working in Product or Technology organizations
- Must have knowledge of various project management methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Ability to challenge the process and be innovative
- Must be comfortable leading informally across the organization
- Smart, analytical, creative, driven - “Gets it” and is able to deliver results quickly
- Demonstrated comfort in cross functional collaboration with individuals at all levels
- Technical understanding of internet technologies and the operations of a commercial website
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing demands based upon the needs of the business
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and demonstrate good judgment skills
- Proactively seeks feedback and input; actively listens and communicates well with others
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.