Senior Software Developer
- Lehi, UT, USA
Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software and specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design and customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Modify existing software to correct errors and improve its performance. Fundamentally transform Ancestry’s back-end computer software services. Be a key member in the creation and development of services for integration with DNA labs, shippers, and storage facilities. Work closely with AncestryDNA’s internal DNA Operations team to build and maintain the applications, processes, and reports associated with the DNA Fulfillment system. Implement, create, and modify code that supports a number of services, processes, internal web applications, as well as SQL Server database operations. Provide clear documentation of code and processes. Write unit tests for all code developed. Direct and assign requirements gatherings and other technical inputs from the product management team. Revamp user experience with front-end code optimizations using various front-end libraries. Leverage databases and thoroughly optimize the SQL Server queries.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field and 5 years of experience in the job offered or in a software development-related occupation.
Position requires at least 5 years of experience in the following skills:
- Utilize knowledge of Java Script, HTML, CSS, Angular JS, Typescript, .jsp to develop internal user applications;
- Utilize knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Languages such as Java or Groovy to develop business logic APIs;
- Utilize knowledge of Micro Services architecture and RESTful web services to build loosely coupled services and develop the interaction between the services;
- Utilize knowledge of Junit, Mockito and Spring Integration testing to ensure code quality;
- Utilize knowledge of Ant, Gradle, Maven and Jenkins in test and production environments to build and deploy software to the AWS cloud platform;
- Utilize knowledge of RDBMS like Oracle, Sybase, Postgres, CouchDB, MySql and SQL Server to store and retrieve user data and work on performance tuning.
TO APPLY: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate job code JS027 on resume. Proof of authorization to work in U.S. is required if hired. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully supports affirmative action practices.