- Lehi, UT, USA
Develop, create, and modify DNA analysis software and specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop solutions for genealogy software applications. Design and customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Develop code that measures site performance and application metrics. Provide Java and Python based solutions with SQL and no-SQL data storage. Solve complex problems presented by distributed architecture. Develop and improve highly available and reliable services. Work with APIs to extract and use structured metric data. Utilize code to analyze and extract utilization and performance baselines. Create automatic generation of alert policies and conditions. Extract metadata for use in dependency data about our environment. Utilize graduate level research and analytical skills to create UML diagrams with IBMs Rational Rose or equivalent tools. Create software data indexes to query data with the lowest latency possible and verify through MySql workbench.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and 3 years of experience in the job offered or in a system/data software engineer-related occupation.
Position requires 3 years of experience in the following skills:
1) Utilize knowledge of Java, software design, Object Oriented principles and JUnit tests to develop Java-based solutions and software;
2) Utilize knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and various information retrieval strategies to effectively extract data and use structured metric data;
3) Utilize knowledge of SQL and no-SQL data storage to write SQL queries and convert semi-unstructured data to structured data;
4) Utilize knowledge of Agile (Scrum/Kanban) development processes to participate and provide inputs for daily scrum, bi-weekly sprint planning meeting, code reviews, document software specification and UML diagrams;
5) Utilize knowledge of data mining and other statistical algorithm to build meaningful information about the data for its analysis.
TO APPLY: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate job code JS018 on resume. Proof of authorization to work in U.S. is required if hired. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully supports affirmative action practices.