Senior Software Developer
- Lehi, UT, USA
Develop, create, and modify DNA analysis software and specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop solutions for genealogy software applications. Design and customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Be a key member in analyzing and designing databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development. Create applications in JAVA to support Salesforce Marketing Cloud & Salesforce Service Cloud. Integrate JAVA backend services to Gateway using HTTP callouts using REST/SOAP. Write unit tests using JUnit for code coverage to help mitigate any risk with new features and bug fixes. Work using GIT to version software for correct versioning and ability for rollback features. Use Jenkins to deploy software to AWS instances and legacy SLC servers. Consistently deliver high quality products and services. Act with minimal supervision. Share knowledge and helps others understand how to perform tasks effectively. Identify strong candidate areas for automation. Lead the team's decision-making process. Assess risk and identify contingencies. Collaborate with Architects, Development Managers and Engineers through the entire software development lifecycle to solve challenging and interesting problems. Work with product and development teams to define software specifications. Write clean, well designed, testable, efficient code.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years of experience in the job offered or in a software developer-related occupation.
Position requires at least 3 years of experience in each of the following:
1) Utilize knowledge of JAVA, Spring, and HTTP to analyze and develop software solutions;
2) Utilize knowledge of JAVA, REST/SOAP to consume and create RESTful APIs and backend applications that support Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Salesforce Service Cloud;
3) Utilize knowledge of MySQL and PostgreSQL to analyze and design databases, and coordinate database development;
4) Utilize knowledge of JAVA, Junit, and Mockito to write unit tests and integration tests for code coverage and quality;
5) Utilize knowledge of GIT for source code management, workflows, code review, and versioning;
6) Utilize knowledge of Jenkins to build and deploy applications and enable continuous deployment; and
7) Utilize knowledge of risk analysis to contribute to decision making and deliver high performance systems.
TO APPLY: Please email email@example.com and indicate job code JS015 on resume. Proof of authorization to work in U.S. is required if hired. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully supports affirmative action practices.