Program Manager-Health and Science
- Lehi, UT, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page https://www.ancestry.com/corporate/careers/search-jobs
With over 1,400 employees around the world, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive.
We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.
AncestryDNA is seeking a Program Manager to provide leadership for high priority and strategic health and science-related initiatives. We’re looking for someone with a great background in genetics, health-related projects, laboratory processes and demonstrated program and project management abilities. You’ll be responsible for the timely execution of complex projects and work closely with a diverse team of scientists including population geneticists, computational biologists, computer scientists, genetic counselors, laboratory professionals, statisticians, writers and designers to achieve business and science objectives within a timeline and budget framework.
Working with a diverse team the Program Manager will:
- Work to incorporate strategic direction into a series of actionable, measurable interdependent science programs/projects to achieve both short-term and long-term goals and objectives
- Lead cross-functional teams and facilitate collaborations to successfully execute and complete the program / project portfolio
- Think strategically, execute tactically and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Organize and drive work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is required
- Ensure information concerning project status (i.e. schedules, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues) passes to-and-from key stakeholders.
- Ensure that an effective risk escalation process is established and that barriers to effective project execution are identified and addressed.
- The successful candidate will have an MS or Ph.D. in biology, genetics, computer science, or a related field or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in program/project management related to genetic testing, especially in a clinical environment
- Ability to see the interrelationship of a project across "the big picture" and understand its dependency on other projects in the program as required
- Exceptional listening, problem solving, negotiation, and facilitation skills
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk
- Desirable but not required: Expertise in one or more of: regulated laboratory environment, computational or statistical methods in genomics or health, managing projects from R&D to production or commercialization
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.