Principal Infrastructure Operations Analyst
- Lehi, UT, USA
Formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making and managerial functions with regards to Ancestry’s system infrastructure. Collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, and products. Lead optimization strategies and analysis around right sizing, elasticity modeling, refactoring costs, migration to PaaS offerings, and identify applicable risks. Educate Directors and Managers of development teams of financial implications of infrastructure costs in the cloud in order to assist with budget management. Evaluate and define systems for assets and integrate inventory tracking (CMBD), utilization, forecasting and capacity plans to manage costs and budgets in the Cloud. Develop show-back models in AWS. Perform technology life cycle management, cost benefit analysis of technology shifts and returns on investments, including analyzing long term technology debts and sunk costs in the cloud. Build planning systems across 50+ development and product teams for cloud resource needs and allow for more accurate forecast modeling long term. Track infrastructure technology trends and build implementation cost models. Profile and track infrastructure component costs, provide transparency to internal business partners and work on optimization opportunities. May supervise a team that documents governance policies and new processes.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and 10 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or in a systems/infrastructure engineering-related occupation.
Position requires at least 10 years of experience in each of the following:
1) Utilize knowledge of financial planning & analysis, budget management, and product/service costing at the infrastructure level to drive more accurate forecasts and reporting, to stay on budget, and find ways to optimize on the infrastructure;
2) Utilize knowledge of cloud cost and resource governance of resources such as compute, storage and network to maintain the overall yearly cloud operations budget;
3) Utilize knowledge of cost analysis of various open source cloud technology solutions vs in house solutions or licensed technologies to find the most cost-effective way to solve for certain problems;
4) Utilize knowledge of tool implementation for forecasting infrastructure costs per data center or service to allow for better business decisions;
5) Utilize knowledge of CMDB, monitoring, to understand overall utilizations of systems to help optimize platform services;
6) Utilize knowledge of process and policy creation to maintain cloud infrastructure costs;
7) Utilize knowledge of vendor relationships to maintain and improve vendor relationships.
TO APPLY: Please email email@example.com and indicate job code JS022 on resume. Proof of authorization to work in U.S. is required if hired. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully supports affirmative action practices.