Senior QA Engineer
- Lehi, UT, USA
Develop and execute software test plans in order to identify DNA analysis software problems and their causes. Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures. Document software defects and report defects to software developers. Be a key member in writing detailed agile test cases, which validate current and future sprint development. Create defect tracking stories and manage those defects with the delivery team through completion. Create front end test automation to validate ongoing feature validation. Create front end automation to be used in daily regression testing. Create API/Service based automation to validate backend micro-service functionality. Utilize exploratory testing through the user interface to identify edge and comer cases to improve quality across the development team in the Ancestry staging environments. Work closely with other teams to define test cases to be utilized in end to end customer flow scenarios. Work closely with the Testing Center to implement enterprise wide quality standards into the agile process. Communicate quality results and trends to the development team. Integrate automated test cases into the CI/CD delivery pipeline utilizing SonarQube, Jenkins and GitHub. Set up and maintain Selenium grid based infrastructure for web automation. Lead development teams in requirements gathering. Collaborate with Developers and Product Management to understand our technical requirements and design. Build functional testing automation. Perform load/scale tests and progressively enhance continuous integration. Participate in sprints.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of experience in the job offered or in a software quality assurance-related occupation.
Position requires at least 5 years of experience in each of the following skills:
1) Utilize knowledge of TEST management tools and collaboration tools to write detailed agile test cases, which validate current and future sprint development;
2) Utilize knowledge of Object Oriented programming language (C#, Java), Selenium and testing frameworks to create front end test automation to validate ongoing feature validation;
3) Utilize knowledge of API/Web service testing tools to create API/Service based automation to be validate backend micro-service functionality;
4) Utilize knowledge of exploratory testing through the user interface to identify edge and comer cases to improve quality in staging environments;
5) Utilize knowledge of QA Reporting and Metrics Platforms to communicate quality results and trends
Position requires at least 4 years of experience in the following skill:
6) Utilize knowledge of Jenkins, SonarQube or GitHub to integrate automated test cases into the CI/CD delivery pipeline.
TO APPLY: Please email email@example.com and indicate job code JS025 on resume. Proof of authorization to work in U.S. is required if hired. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully supports affirmative action practices.