- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Paralegal to join our vibrant and growing legal team in the San Francisco office. This key role will be supporting our IT, Corporate, DNA, Health and Science organizations. This role will report to our Associate General Counsel.
What you will do:
- Communicate and coordinate with outside counsel and 3rd party vendors
- Prepare legal documents and correspondence relating to US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) patent applications
- Coordinate IDS preparation and tracking of references
- Assist in preparation of declarations, certificates of correction and corrected filing receipts
- Oversee tracking and maintenance of individual dockets
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems to track docketing dates and effectively communicate regarding same
- Update docket and ensure it is accurate
- Prepare status reports and other client-requested reports/tasks.
- Build relationships with key internal teams
- Maintain client correspondence.
- Review outside counsel bills for IP work
- 3+ years of experience as an intellectual property paralegal in a law firm or corporate setting
- Strong proficiency using MS Office, Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, and similar tools to provide organized and easy to use file system
- Experience using various software tools and PTO web portals including PAIR
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are. For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.