VP of Member Services
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry seeks a VP, Member Services to lead our global Member Services team and manage the entire post-sale customer experience for Ancestry’s global customer base located in Lehi, UT. This person will manage global customer support functions including technical support and product support. The ideal candidate will have significant experience leading a world-class service operation at a senior level. The VP, Member Services will report to the SVP of Global Customer Experience and Product Commercialization.
What you will do
- Develop the strategy to scale Ancestry’s global, multilingual customer service organization efficiently by leveraging a mixed full time and outsourced workforce with a consistent focus on contact reduction and high service levels
- Analyze overall performance, identify needs for improvement, and implement operational strategies to drive results. Lead efforts to make rapid course corrections and adjustments as needed.
- Work with business partners to ensure delivery of an excellent customer experience is never at risk. This includes identifying and mitigating any process, protocol, technical, or communication that would potentially create risk for a less than positive experience
- Partner cross-functionally with our Product and Technology and Marketing organizations to provide feedback on user workflows, product features and positioning, as well crisis response
- Work with Brand Media to monitor social listening and define processes and protocols to that provide an excellent customer experience on social media channels
- Monitor performance of our customer service team and ensure investments in this function are driving positive returns; establish targets and a team culture that drives strong results for the Ancestry brand
- Analyze and track customer contact data to identify ways to improve the customer experience
- Build a multi-channel, multilingual support function (phone, chat, email, text) and adapt customer support approach to the changing needs of Ancestry’s global customer base
- Serve as the customer advocate in developing and executing company strategy
Who you are
- The ideal candidate will have 10-20 years’ customer service management experience; 5+ of those years in an executive level contact center management position at a consumer e-commerce or technology company
- Strong understanding of complex contact center operations – must be able to align efforts to overall member outcomes.
- A focus on innovation – must be comfortable leading informally across the organization to challenge the status quo and develop better ways to service members.
- Proven experience developing insights and driving teams to convert insights into action – analytically driven, yet creative
- Excellent communications and influencing skills: 1:1, small groups, written, PowerPoint, sharing facts within a compelling story
- Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, fostering open communication and collaborating cross-functionally
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing demands based upon the needs of the business
- Proven aptitude managing global teams and excellence in professional development and mentoring of reports
- Ability to run and scale a multilingual customer service organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.