Director, Pricing Strategy
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry seeks a Director of Pricing Strategy to lead global pricing and packaging strategy for Ancestry’s product portfolio. This person will work with key stakeholders and senior executives to drive our pricing and packaging strategies and coordinate execution of pricing programs that ultimately deliver growth and increase customer retention. The Director of Pricing Strategy is part of our Global Customer Experience and Product Commercialization team and will be located either in Lehi, Utah or San Francisco, California.
What you will do
- Defining pricing models and strategies designed to optimize revenue, market share, brand positioning and long-term profits
- Leading pricing operation activities and acting as the liaison between business, product and marketing teams to oversee the implementation of pricing initiatives
- Partnering with key stakeholders to position the product portfolio and establish pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategy and revenue recognition goals
- Undertaking pricing initiatives such as price discipline (bundling, segment-based price optimization, A/B testing, metrics, and price tiering)
- Developing intelligence about price sensitivity, price perception, and optimal pricing structures in target markets
- Conducting competitive pricing comparisons and running price elasticity analyses to provide direction on pricing actions over time
- Building dashboards and reports, and leading regular reviews on company pricing performance
Who are you are
- A minimum of 10-15+ years of experience in the consumer focused technology or ecommerce industry in a finance, marketing or strategic product function
- Prior experience working in a pricing strategy capacity and deep expertise with pricing methodology and pricing research
- Ability to build consensus among cross-functional partners and influence decision making within executive-level audiences
- Excellent communications and influencing skills: 1:1, small groups, written, PowerPoint, sharing facts within a compelling story
- Hands on ability to use data tools (e.g. Tableau) and pull data using SQL
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university. Concentration in market research, statistics, math, economics, business or similarly relevant field of study; graduate degree a plus
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.