Software Quality Engineer - Apollo
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is looking for a passionate Software Quality Engineer in our San Francisco office to help maintain high-accuracy and quality of data and releases for the Personal Discoveries Project. You will integrate with and steer the development team toward better test strategies and enable them to implement and maintain deterministic test automation. You will prepare test plans and cases and write automation towards the completion of those cases. Some ad-hoc, manual testing will be required based on the determined risk of the release.
You should have a passion for software testing and quality, great customer experience, backend scripting and web services test automation, and working in an agile context. In this role, you may mentor, coach, and work directly with development teams to promote adoption of testing best practices and tools.
- Contribute to and maintain the testing framework for various types of testing (e.g. functional, load/performance)
- Partner with software engineers to design and develop tools and to assist in continuous development initiatives
- Collaborate with product owners to evaluate stories and acceptance criteria for completeness
- Manage bug flow, own bug triage and promote fixing and validation of bugs
- Communicate status, metrics, and trending of quality
- Champion quality and excellence throughout the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required
- Experience with software automation testing methodologies including regression, functional, unit, integration, coverage, performance and load
- Working knowledge of common Linux commands and scripting, MySQL and ability to write SQL statements
- Experience with Jenkins or other CICD software
- Knowledge about internationalization
- Working knowledge of AWS and Docker preferred
- Mobile testing experience preferred
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.