Senior Product Strategy Manager
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry seeks Senior Product Strategy Manager to drive product marketing efforts across the Ancestry Family History product portfolio. The ideal candidate develops and executes go-to-market plans, deeply understands the Ancestry product portfolio, and takes a customer-focused role on opportunities. This role reports to the Senior Director, Product Commercialization and will be located either in Lehi, Utah or San Francisco, California.
What you will do:
- Develop clear, concise go-to-market plans for the assigned products and brands
- Analyze product trends constantly (usage, engagement, retention, conversion, etc.) to identify key opportunities
- Identify core audience segments and develop strategies to maximize product penetration
- Partner and advocate with the Product Management, Content and Consumer Insights teams closely to identify opportunities and evaluate new features and releases, etc.
- Partner cross-functionally with our Pricing & Packaging and Legal teams to ensure alignment on product strategy and execution
- Quantify market opportunities and align key activities with core product and content advancements
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market
- Manage and synthesize competitive analyses and focus on marketing best practices in relevant industries
- Effectively present and evangelize plans to Marketing Management and other teams/leadership groups throughout the organization, domestic and international
- Build consensus among cross-functional partners to ensure appropriate buy-in and support of initiatives and influence decision making within executive-level audiences
- Collaborate with other Marketing teams - including Integrated Marketing and Channels (PR, Social, Offline, Online, Email), Creative and the Testing & Optimization team – to assess key opportunities, articulate budget requirements, and set associated performance targets
- Develop key marketing timelines for input into the Integrated Marketing function
- Evolve how the team leverages data to drive marketing strategy
- Establish reporting, including metrics tracking reports
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or related experience
- 7+ years marketing experience in an ecommerce/online services, technology or healthcare company required
- Excellent communications and influencing skills: 1:1, small groups, written, PowerPoint, sharing facts within a compelling story
- Strong analytical skills: must be able to synthesize information from various sources and draw meaningful conclusions
- Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, fostering open communication and collaborating cross-functionally
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing demands based upon the needs of the business
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.