Content Collection Requirements Supervisor
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry seeks a Content Collection Requirements Supervisor to join our Collection Requirements team. The Collection Requirements team contributes to the definition of how content is collected, indexed, presented on the site and the coordination within the production process and content teams. As a Content Collection Requirements Supervisor on the Collection Requirements team you will manage the day to day operations, Human Resources (HR) matters and contribute to analysis of historical records to be processed for online publication and the documentation of the project indexing requirements. This person will also be responsible for the management of collection description data, analysis, project keying trends and communications.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze historical record collections to understand their content, organizational/grammatical structure, and how to best extract the data for search and use online.
- Effectively read and translate documents in different languages (i.e. German, Nordic, Finnish, Latin, French, Old-English, Cyrillic, Romanian, Hawaiian, Spanish, etc.)
- Define and document detailed project requirements for indexing in coordination with content project managers, content collection and the content publishing team. This primarily includes planning, creating, writing, and editing clear and succinct keying instructions for our various keying partners and creating image samples.
- Analyze and appropriately utilize metadata, authority dictionaries and live digital content to effectively facilitate the extraction of data from images for use on the site.
- Follow and analyze the keying trends of a project and communicate any concerns to all applicable teams, including keying, audit, publishing, project management, vendor management, and requirements.
Who You Are:
- B.S. college degree and/or 3 - 5 years of related work experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for analyzing historical documents, learning historical handwriting and understanding historical geography and contexts.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little direction.
- Ability to adhere to team production standards and produce quality department outputs as directed by management.
- Proficient in Excel, databases and data structures, and experience with SQL.
- Foreign language (reading or speaking) abilities encouraged.
- Passion for, or experience in, Family History research preferred.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.