Genealogical Researcher- Eastern European
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is looking for a Genealogical Researcher to join our ProGenealogist team specializing in Eastern European and Jewish research. The ProGenealogist team does client research starting in the country where the client resides and follows origins to all Eastern European areas. They work to bring the best research available to our clients. As a Genealogical Researcher on the Eastern European and Jewish team you will be driving industry standards and working on diverse research from many different countries. You will ensure that our clients receive the highest quality research available.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct client genealogical research
- Translate hand written original records from Eastern European countries
- Write client research reports and summaries
- Research records from Eastern European countries
- Work with religious repositories: Jewish, Roman Catholic, Orthodox
- Ensure client satisfaction
Who You Are:
- A minimum of 5 Professional research experience
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in English, History, Linguistics (or related field)
- You are certified or accredited with a CG, AG or other related accreditation (or are demonstrably working towards it)
- You can read hand written genealogical documents in multiple Eastern European languages (one must be Russian or Polish) You must have two of the following Romanian, Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, and German
- Experience working with digital records and onsite in archives
- Experience working in collaborative team environment
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.