Facilities Coordinator - 12 Month Contract
- Dublin, Ireland
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Ancestry is looking for a Facilities Coordinator to join our Places team to keep the office running smoothly day to day in our Dublin location. The Places team are highly collaborative and you will get to work with all departments in our Dublin Office and beyond. As the Facilities Coordinator you will be responsible for a number of different functions including Health and Safety, Catering and Front of House duties. We are looking for a highly organised business professional with a strong track record of Customer Service skills, creative instincts and delivering effective results.
What You’ll Do:
- Own front of house and create a welcoming and secure environment for all visitors and employees
- Maintain security, manage the main switch, handle post, deliveries, shipments, taxis and couriers
- Serve as first point of contact for internal and external facilities inquiries
- Inspect facilities on daily walk around and ensure all building procedures and performance measures are maintained
- Resolve actionable issues in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Raise and track tickets on CAFM system
- Liaise with sub-contractors to facilitate visits
- Monitor and implement scheduled planned preventative maintenance
- Support the implementation and monitoring of disaster recovering and business continuity plans such as Everbridge and become super user of same
- Research upgrades for potential facilities projects and assist on same
- Ensure continued operation of mechanical systems like HVAC systems, plant room equipment, BMS and electrical switch gear.
- Update and maintain records to track maintenance and repairs
- Direct and manage facilities emergencies, if any, in Facilities Manager’s absence
- Carry out monthly risk assessments and action any arising issues
- Keep up to date company quality documentation in accordance with legislation
- Arrange and ensure H&S training is up to date for all employees
- Carry out desk and VDU assessment with employees when required
- H&S on-boarding inductions with all new employees
- Organise H&S review meetings, taking minutes and following up on actions
- Arrange annual H&S Gap analysis/Audit, ensuring relevant actions are completed
- Know and ensure consistent compliance with companies Health, Safety & Quality policies and procedures.
- Manage H&S records of the fire and safety teams/fire drills/safety equipment/training
- Full catering responsibilities
- Maintain office, catering and first aid supplies
- Provide general administrative support to Facilities Manager as needed
- Respond to finance queries relating to purchase orders and invoices
- Reconcile visa card statements monthly for all office transactions
Who You Are:
- 3 – 5 years facilities experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic building maintenance
- Customer-oriented with a true desire to provide amazing service - we are looking for someone that goes above and beyond and has more than just ‘good’ customer service skills
- Good knowledge of H&S practices and legislation
- Excellent organisational skills, detail oriented and sound judgment
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, working knowledge of Oracle would be a plus
- Absolute discretion, and an ability to maintain confidentiality of all company, departmental and other proprietary and sensitive information
- High energy and enthusiasm, and thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment – always with a smile and a sense of humour
- Ability to work under pressure in a multi-tasking environment
Who We Are:
Ancestry is a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission: to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what lead to them. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, and we use this powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people uncover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
Along with the chance to change lives and work with a fantastic group of people, we also offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits you can visit: https://www.ancestrybenefits.com/greatplacetowork.
Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52/55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry.com group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.