- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry.com has an amazing opportunity for a Senior Accountant. This position will report to the Assistant Controller.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Maintain the accuracy of the company's general ledger for assigned areas
- Assist with tracking and recording of accrued liabilities
- Provide support to GL accounting team with monthly close procedures
- Assist with refinement of monthly close process improvements
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Perform various controls over financial reporting
- Provide and communicate accurate and timely information for decision making to management
- Establish and maintain solid working relationships with other departments and financial analysts to ensure that accounting records are complete and accurate
- Work with both external and internal auditors
- Maintain and improve accounting processes, procedures, and internal controls
- Assist US Controller and GL team with projects as deemed necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- 3-4 Years of accounting experience required. Experience with Oracle is desirable
- Excellent data skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze financial data and clearly and concisely document the interpretation of financial analysis
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work with others in a professional manner
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, and detail oriented
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.