Assistant Genealogist - Eastern European
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
This is an entry level professional position with potential for significant growth in the organization for the right candidate. The Assistant Genealogist works with Research Managers to research, document, and prepare client sessions. They assist in gathering materials, clerical work, records dissemination and support to allow the Research Managers to focus on the Research project and analysis.
What you will do:
- You will provide clerical and research assistance to professional genealogists
- You will format and conduct preliminary proofing of reports
- You will create image templates and assemble client deliverable (electronic and hard-copy)
- You will be working in a team of professional researchers
- You will collect and organize data and complete accurate data entry
Who you are:
- You have a degree in Family History Research, English, History (Required)
- You are accredited or are working towards accreditation or certification (Required)
- Ability to read the following languages from historical documents: Polish and German (Plus 2 others: German, Hungarian, Slavic, Estonian,etc...)
- You can type 55 wpm
- You have excellent written communication skills
- You can manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.