Director, Marketing Analytics
- San Francisco, CA, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is seeking a Director of Marketing Analytics to join the Marketing Analytics and Operations group. This is a highly visible role on a team that is at the core of enabling marketing innovation at Ancestry. You will be central in establishing new ways to empower the organization with data. Your insights will guide investment decisions and help us understand the ROI of our strategies to drive unprecedented growth, especially through our digital marketing channels. Leading a dedicated team of analyst, you will provide strategic analytics support for marketers on channels like TV, audio, SEO, SEM, Paid Search, and CRM. To succeed, you will need a thorough understanding of marketing metrics, media mix modeling, multi-touch attribution, martech, and a customer centric mindset.
What you will do
- Partner with channel leads to measure and optimize marketing programs across traditional media, performance media, and lifecycle management.
- Build measurement frameworks to determine ROI of marketing investments.
- Oversee the design, execution, and analysis of A/B and multi-variate tests to enable data driven decision making.
- Lead the shift in attribution models from last touch to MTA, delivering new reports and driving revising budget allocation.
- Develop expertise on Ancestry marketing datasets and lead efforts on data governance and standardization.
- Develop top notch analytical models, scorecards, and Tableau dashboards for consumption by executives and run-the-business teams.
- Synthesize trends and learnings to identify areas for improvement. Present to marketing and cross-functional leadership.
- Guide marketing technology investments and data infrastructure initiatives.
- Lead and develop a team of analysts through technical and strategic skills coaching.
- Master’s degree Business, Data Analytics, Statistics, or related field preferred.
- 10 years of combined experience in ecommerce analytics and testing; at least 5 years’ experience leading multi-channel analytics teams.
- Business driven – drive topline business results by translating data analyses into strategies that have transformed marketing plans and business outcomes
- Data storyteller – proven experience building and teaching a structured approach for communicating data insights, that involves a combination of: data, visuals, and narrative.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Tableau, and SQL are a plus.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.