Senior Manager/Director, People Partner
- San Francisco, CA, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is currently seeking a Senior Manager / Director, People to participate in the development and execution of the organization’s plans, programs and strategies of the business, with particular emphasis on building management capability, employee engagement and help teams become high performing ones. This position requires versatility and demonstrated agility between being a strategic business partner and executing outcomes in service of our objectives in Product and Technology (P+T) and across the Ancestry enterprise that reinforce Ancestry’s value.
This is an integral part of the People and Places team and will play an active role with the overall goal of retaining, engaging and developing the best talent for the organization. The role will focus on change management, as the Company scales significantly over the next 12 – 24 months. Bringing critical thinking and a passion to drive outcomes that enables our business and employees to win is a must.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the Product and Technology People Partners to help drive strategic / creative / disruptive solutions that enables our leaders and employees to do pioneering relentlessly, be customer obsessed and empower colleagues.
- Act as effective, trusted and credible advisor on people, organizational and business initiatives driving outcomes that support business and employee success.
- Support key clients and functions with the aim of improving organizational and talent capability through cultural change.
- Counsel and coach managers for their respective organizations, including advising talent acquisition, development and management strategies.
- Partner with People and Places centers of excellence driving transparency and line of sight of people and business based priorities.
- Implement policies and processes that are flexible, consistent and balanced between the efficiencies of standardization and focus on meeting unique business or geographic needs and reflective of Ancestry’s values.
- Provide coaching to managers and employees in a high growth environment to support leadership development, business decision-making, and problem solving
- Continuously look for opportunities to streamline, collect and utilize HR data to improve delivery and understanding of core HR processes and influence business outcomes using data, trends and benchmarks.
- In partnership with Talent Development, implement performance management and leadership development initiatives with the goal of creating value that is demonstrated in reducing regretted attrition, building and sustaining high performing teams, and enabling a highly engaged environment.
- In partnership with the business leaders, participate in the development of yearly objectives and development of action plans to achieve objectives including defining inspection metrics.
- Influence and coach the client groups in continually raising the hiring and developing top talent bar as we scale our business.
- Use the business strategy and outcomes to create purpose driven talent based solutions that aid the organization in attracting and developing our current and future employees.
- In partnership with the People function and the business leaders, craft and execute a change plan that supports the transformation and scaling of our business.
Who You Are:
- 7-10+ years proven strategic HR experience (preferably in software development environment)
- Bachelors degree, advanced degree a plus.
- Strong business acumen, consulting, critical thinking and influencing skills.
- Organizationally savvy in leading and sustaining change, and using tools and metrics to measure success.
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.