Country Manager, Germany
- Berlin, Germany
Ancestry, the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnesses the information found in family trees, historical records, and DNA to help people gain a new level of understanding about their lives. With more than 1,600 employees, over three million subscribers, our own cutting-edge technology & over 10 millions DNA-tested people, we offer you a workplace that gives you a unique opportunity to play a key role in an emerging industry.
Ancestry is looking for a dedicated & experienced Country Manager (m/f) to scale the successful business model in Germany & lead the autonomous 12-person team in Berlin. The focus will be on expanding the existing family history division and launching new innovative genealogy products such as AncestryDNA. You will adapt the business model to the German market & establish Ancestry as the market leader in Germany.
Your Responsibilities will be:
● To place Ancestry successfully on the German market as a lifestyle brand through local campaigns & cooperations,
● To invest a seven-digit budget to at least double our customer base in Germany,
● To be responsible for the daily German business, the administration of the entire income statement as well as all marketing activities,
● Continuous review of all market changes, consumer trends, competitors and adaptation of plans to customer needs.
Our perfect candidate has gained a lot of experience in monitoring strategy development from conception to implementation & is experienced in the successful introduction of product in new markets.
● More than 10 years of relevant professional experience in marketing including budget management & experience in the entire marketing mix,
● Proven experience in an international business environment or start-up including responsibility for P&L management,
● Solid understanding & use of market research & data analysis to shape the business & marketing strategy,
● Excellent analytical skills & a data-driven mindset,
● Fluent in English & German,
● Willingness to travel to USA, Dublin & London.
Interested? Then take charge of your future as soon as possible – we are looking forward to getting to know you. Submit your application below (cover letter, motivations, credentials) including the earliest possible starting date and your desired salary
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.