Senior Software Engineer (Node.JS & React) - Ancestry (Lehi, UT)
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit https://www.ancestry.com/corporate/careers
Senior Software Application Engineer (Node.JS / Angular & React)
Interested in working for a team behind impactful change for our consumers? Do you want your family and friends (and even strangers) to light up when you tell them where you work? Then you’ve come to the right place!
As a Software Engineer on our Hints UI team, you’ll be responsible for developing innovative hinting experiences for our users. You’ll be the key behind delivering innovative products and services to our Ancestry customers, which help them discover who they are and enrich their lives as they journey through personal discovery.
If you love to design, implement and significantly impact user’s experiences, then you’ll feel fully satisfied in this role and on this team!
- You will design and develop user facing experiences that delight the customer.
- You will get the opportunity to work in the cloud using AWS.
- Work on a scrum team that delivers meaningful functionality every iteration.
- Collaborate with backend services teams to develop solutions that help the user interact with their hints in a meaningful way.
- Write code and unit tests, document learnings, conduct code reviews.
- You are a Senior level Engineer with 7+ years of Enterprise Software Development experience (full-stack is ideal)
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Node.JS (and if not, then in Angular or other deep JS technologies comparable to Node Web Application Development) t
- You are passionate about mentoring others and are a natural leader Junior and Associate Engineers seek advice or guidance from.
- You have solid experience with CSS / HTML5 and UI Design skills
- A benefit for the team if you have AWS experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment using agile or other rapid application development methods
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field or equivalent experience required
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.