Senior Product Analyst (A/B Testing)
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry seeks a Senior Product Analyst (A/B Testing) to work in an exciting and dynamic area, with huge opportunity for learning. If you love diving into massive datasets but also want the opportunity to shape the vision and strategic role of Product Analytics then this may be the role for you. Working closely with members of Product, Marketing, Data Science and Engineering teams. You will define and report on key metrics, analyze customer behaviors/data, optimize our products and content and build tools/service to improve Analytics productivity. This position is located in our Lehi, UT office.
What you will do:
- As a key partner on the Product Management team, you will participate product planning, new product design, execution, review and continuous product feature improvement
- Prioritize product efforts by assessing opportunity size and forecasting macro impact
- Implement and analyze A/B or Multi-Variate Tests to measure the impact of product decisions and changes
- Collaborate with business partners to identify critical business problems/key knowledge and translate them into technical analyses and deliver actionable insights
- Create dashboards, reports, and analyses that explain what happened and why
- Identify and understand various data sources; build tools and services to improve analysis and experimentation throughput, and work with Data Warehouse team to make online and offline data cross platforms available.
- Work with our product management team to analyze and decipher insights to understand user product engagement (what and why) by leveraging both quantitative and qualitative customer satisfaction survey data.
Who you are
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience at senior level analyzing product and content user behavior for online consumer software product, e.g. online shopping, social site, streaming services, gaming and etc.
- 2+ years of experience in each of following:
- using/implementing data tracking for user behavior
- Proficiency in either Python or R, Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas, etc)
- analyzing very large datasets with SQL (Redshift, Teradata, Oracle, or MySQL) and R, SAS or other statistical package.
- conducting product experiments and using Design of Experiment
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required. Masters/PhD in Statistics, Operation Research, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or a quantitative discipline preferred.
- Strong research and analytical mindset and extremely detail-oriented
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Team: Product Analytics